Montag, 19. Dezember 2005

19.12.05 Viva featuring Tokio Hotel (with Translation)



>





Translation by thchannel you tube


Girl: I have a crush on Bill, because he’s the most handsome one.
Girl: They’re simply great!
Girl: … great, they look good, they can sing, oh… They’re beautiful.
Girl: I don’t know, they’re just so cool, and the music… just cool.
Girl: They’ve got their own style, they don’t do what other people tell them to do; they do what they want to do.
Girl: We just wanted to say [Sings Schrei]

Reporter: Tokio Hotel on their first Live-tour. Only four months ago they were an unknown school band from Magdeburg, now they fill great halls. In only six days all concerts were sold out.

Georg: When I think about it… well, it can’t get much better, where would it go? I mean, we play a sold out tour, people buy our single, people buy our album, what’d be next?
Bill: The way it all went, I think, has made us all incredibly happy with the situation. Everything that has happened now wasn’t something we’d expected. It all came very quickly, if you look at it one way, but we’ve also worked on it for a very long time.

Reporter: Everything started in Magdeburg. Since their success Tokio Hotel doesn’t come in their old practise room very often anymore.

Bill: That couch there isn’t all, it goes further, but it’s such a mess…
Georg: You can barely get through, because of all the junk lying around.
Bill: Yeah, it’s ridiculous, but once it lies there – aw that smells! - once you left it there you never really clean it up of course…
Tom: Oh, and this here is our platform, it’s really great… Just look at the construction! Beneath it are mouldy planks, by the way.
Bill: Yeah, we’ve always planned to change it, because it’s really unstable.

Tom: What about it?
Woman: Show it!
[Bill laughs]
Tom: No? Why shouldn’t we show it? Why? I think it’s lovely… [Shows a teddy bear]

Tom: We used to come here every day and practised, just hung around here together…
Bill: And we ate, as you can see.
Tom: Indeed, and now we only practise in the studio, actually. We’re preparing the tour, which we’d never though we’d be playing.

Reporter: For five years already, Bill, Tom, Georg and Gustav are in a band together. But in those days Tokio Hotel called themselves “Devilish”. In the spring of 2003 the get discovered and soon after that the signed their first contract. In one year of time they recorded their album “Schrei”, and since then, nothing is like it used to be anymore.

Bill: We’de had performances before that, where there were only five people there. And most of them were just having a beer.
Tom: Yeah, that were painful situations… We’ve had so many shows that weren’t organised right, and not just because there weren’t enough people willing to come.
Bill: Yes, but it was really awkward when there weren’t many people.
Tom: Yes that’s true, but it wasn’t advertised that well either.

Bill: We’re going underground…
Reporter: Undisturbed practising has become impossible in Magdeburg. Tokio hotel are just to well-known in their home-town; the press and a lot of jealousy make a normal life for them impossible. That’s why they’re doing the tour preparations like a secret mission in Osnabrücke.
Bill: Hurry people, I want to go in the car, I’m cold.

Reporter: Although the pressure from the outside has grown, the friendship of the band is solid.
Georg: We already were good friends in the past, and because we’re now really always around each other, the relationship has just got better. You really know each other through and through, you know exactly how you can annoy one another, on when it’s best to leave a person alone. It just gets us closer and closer together.

Georg: Look at this.
Tom: Oh, those things from Trolli, those funny cheeseburgers! The taste so artificial, so incredibly artificial! It’s the best…
Georg: Now I look all greedy just because Bill over there is having angry conversations with his mummy again… (not sure about that one)

Reporter: In a small concert hall Gustav, Georg, Bill and Tom can practice for their tour undisturbed for a couple of days. No one is allowed to know that Tokio Hotel is here. They have to test new equipment and practise their show of course.
Tom: I don’t think any of us had though it’d be so big and complete, but we just want to prepare ourselves for the show. I mean, playing the songs isn’t really a problem, but you also have to plan it and there’s a lot to do.
It’s turned of, stupid thing… [tests it] Works…

Reporter: The guys of Tokio Hotel have let themselves set free from school for a year, practising and travelling is taking all their energy. the teenagers are now living a professional life.
Tom: School takes more energy; you have to concentrate more [others agree]. Everything is taken easy here…
Bill: Fortunately it is exactly what we want to do, so it’s no problem at all.
Georg: You can’t really compare it to school.
Bill: Yes, it’s something completely different.

Tom: [Shouts something to Bill]
Bill: They always have to hold on to one mistake, because I don’t make any other ones, it’s so annoying [Laughs]
Gustav: Bill, you’re constantly making mistakes! You’re a mistake in human form! [Laughs]

Tom: Yes, we’re really arguing a lot in here, especially about the sound. And it always takes a while till everybody is satisfied.
Georg: Two or three days…
Bill: But that’s really personal. Of course Georg needs the bass to be extra loud and I want my voice to be louder, that’s just a personal thing.
Tom: And of course everybody need the guitar a bit louder to orientate… [Laughs]

Reporter: The songs have to be practised over and over again; the expectations of Tokio Hotel are high.
Tom: We’re not really nervous, you don’t really worry like “Oh damn, if that doesn’t go well…”. The show is planned well, we get on stage and then see if it all goes well –
Bill: But there are always doubts though.
Tom: Yes, of course there are always doubts, but there isn’t really any pressure, we’re not like “Oh damn, if we mess this up it’s over”.
Bill: No, there’s no pressure.

Reporter: After more than twelve hours it’s finally time for some rest.
Gustav: [Points at the sweets] Can you eat these or are they just for show?
Woman: You can just take one
Gustav: Oh, thank you very much! Can I just pick one or are they specified?
Tom: they’re specified, Gustav. See? This one if fro people whose name starts with a G…
Guy: Here is yours Tom, and Gustav
Tom: So we’re all checked in so let’s go, let’s go-lets go-let’s go…

Reporter: In spite of the long days Tokio Hotel enjoys their present life.
Georg: I think you should enjoy every moment now, you don’t know how it’ll be in one or two years. It can always end as quickly as it has started, we all understand that, so we just enjoy every moment now.

Reporter: In the second part you’ll see how Tokio Hotel make their fans go crazy at their concert in Berlin, and tremble along when two fans meet their favourite band in person.
[Break]

In seven hours Tokio Hotel will play their music here. To get as close as possible to the stage, the fans have been standing in the cold since eight in the morning, and still in a good mood.
[Girls sing Durch den Monsun]

Bill: We’re still really exited when we see how many people are there. We don’t go to the concerts thinking “Okay, there’ll be a couple of thousands there”. Sometimes we don’t even expect people to be standing there when we get out of the bus.
Tom: The fans are really what gives us the most motivation, and prises are very nice too of course, then you see that the long work is paying of and you get rewarded with golden record – or it’s CD’s now – so prices are good of course, but what motivates us the most are the fans.

Reporter: For Amelie and Jenny today is a dream come true; they’ll meet their favourite band in person. The sixteen-year-olds have been Tokio Hotel-fans since four months.
Amelie: These guys where a half year ago just normal schoolboys and now suddenly they’re successful, but still really nice. I mean, when you see interviews they seen really nice, ordinary.
Reporter: jenny and Amelie collect everything from Tokio Hotel they can get their hands on and watch the DVD and listen to the album everyday.
Jenny: Here comes the smile! Look at Bill’s little smile! Ah…
And the music is really great to, when you just listen to it and…
Amelie: … take time for it
Jenny: Yeah, when you take the time for the album and listen to the texts… They’re really not as illogical as people say they are. You know… “The texts suck!” they really don’t. They got something, every song has a story and I think that’s very cool.
Amelie: When I listen to a song I’d really like to know how these guys are as people and how they think of the song. Rette Mich for example, I think it’s just great, what they’re singing is often exactly what I’m feeling.
Jenny: You hear so often that there’s so much bustle around these guys, and maybe the media shows then very different from how they are as real people, and I’d really like to know how that is. Without a camera, maybe they’re totally different.
Reporter: The girls are already going to the concert hall in the late afternoon. At the same time: the band on the highway on their way to Berlin, in five hours their concert will start. When the fans are waiting in front of the hall, Gustav, Georg, Tom and Bill arrive unnoticed.

Bill: I think that the night definitely is going to get really really good. The cool thing is that we’re playing the Columbia Hall, a lot of bands have performed here that have been playing music for a very long time; I’ve already seen pictures of Gwen Stefani and so on and it’s already a good feeling just to be allowed to play in this hall. And I’m happy that 3500 people are going to be there, that the concert is sold out, and I think it’ll be a night with a lot of energy.
Reporter: For an hour the sound has to be adapted to the hall; at the first live-tour nothing can go wrong.
Tom: Yes, you’re definitely nervous before shows, but I think that’s permanent. We we’re nervous for the five people and today for a couple of thousand and that’ll always be like that, it’s part of it.
Gustav: I’m always happy to play live, because most of the time you’re playing by your self, but sometimes you have to work with the audience, and that’s Bill’s main task.
Bill: Yes, you have to entertain a couple of thousand people totally alone. I mean, you can’t count on other artist that maybe perform with you there, or on one hit like Durch den Monsun, you really have to try to keep the mood up that hour and a half.
Georg: For every show you’re just nervous, I think that when that’s gone something is wrong. And at every gig something new happens, you learn something new; it’s really exciting.
Reporter: While the guys are practising, Jenny and Amelie go backstage, the long-looked for meeting is getting close.
Jenny: I’m already incredibly nervous; my hart is going so fast and I’ve got butterflies in my stomach… I’m looking forward to it… yes, really cool.
Amelie: I’ve wrote down what I really want to say, in case I’m so nervous I forget it all… When that’s okay.
Reporter: Just a couple of metres separate Amelie and Jenny from Tokio Hotel.

[They say hi, introduce themselves etc…]

Bill: Have you let those [the piercings] done together?
Amelie: No, I did it a day later.
Jenny: Indeed.
Amelie: I did mine myself and she didn’t.
Bill: What? You’ve done it yourself, I don’t believe that, damn…
Amelie: Well, this one [in her lip] I did myself, this one [in her eyebrow] I’ve let done.
Tom: You’ve did that one yourself? No! That’s crazy…
Amelie: Don’t worry, I survived… [Laughs]
Bill: God, I couldn’t even do an ear myself…

Amelie: It was absolutely great! Those guys are just so nice!
Jenny: All four of them.
Amelie: Without exception, not one of them. I’ll be beaming with happiness all day.
Jenny: Me too.
Amelie: They’re so nice!
Jenny: Yes! [Laughs]

Reporter: They’re finally let in. 3500 people are pouring into the hall. Amelie and Jenny mingle with the crowd of fans again.
[Schrei]

Georg: Of course, you’re standing up there with trembling knees, you don’t realise what’s happening at all. It’s like, when someone asks me afterwards what exactly happened, I won’t be able to remember at all.
Bill: I don’t know how to describe that. You get such an enormous kick when you get up there and the audience screams, and after that, when I get of stage, I can’t remember anything that I did. Like, I don’t know how I moved up there, and I don’t have to think about what I’m singing for one second, that just comes to you.
Tom: It’s a kind of like a dream standing there, it’s like you’ve just dreamed about it. You don’t really realise it at that moment, but after it you understand it all and that’s like… well, I really enjoy it.

Bill: Do you want to finish the song with me?
Girl: Yes!
Bill: Do you know the rest of the text?
Girl: Yes!
Bill: It’s the “Nein”part, we’ll do it by turns.
[Bill and the girl sing]
Bill: Thank you very much! Thank you! give her a big applause!

Tom: We’ve done so much, we’ve won so many prises, we’re able to record everything which is awesome. We get to play two hits in this tour, and it’s all just unbelievable for us. I think that at the moment we don’t have any dreams anymore, in music I mean. This is everything we’ve always dreamed of.

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hi !
I've tried but I can't seem to find the translation for the "19.12.05 Viva feat. Tokio Hotel" video. Could pleaaaase translate it to english ?
If you have no time or patience (xD) I would appreciate it if you give me the link to some translation or just write in german what they're saying, so that I put it in the internet translator.
Thanks a lot !! x)